Monday, June 4, 2012

Armchair BEA Day 1 : Introductions






Please tell us a little bit about yourself : Who are you? How long have you been blogging? Why did you get into blogging?
Well, hello there. My name is Cristina and I live in LA and I love rainy, cloudy cold days ( which we don't get enough of here).
I've been blogging for about 4 months ( and not very consistently). It's been a bit hard trying to get into a routine. I have to get up at 2am four days a week and even though I'm home by midday, I'm so tired that all I want to do is sleep. But, hopefully I'll find my rhythm soon.
I got into blogging as a way to express how I feel about some of the books I read, to, hopefully, get others to read the book I love.

Tell us one non-blog-related thing that everyone reading your blog may not know about you.
Mmmm. Well. I'll tell you two, since I think they kind of go together. Number one, I was born in Mexico. I moved here when I was 18 and didn't know a word in English. Reading then became a refuge, I've always liked reading, but when I found myself in a new place with no friends and not knowing the language, reading became my passion. Add to that that I've always been extremely shy, and you've got me.

If you could eat dinner with any author or character, who would it be and why?
That's a hard question to answer. I think I would love to meet Jeri Smith-Ready and if she could bring along Logan and Zachary I would die a happy girl. Jeri has become one of maybe three authors that I can say, with a 100% certainty, that if she wrote it I will love it. She is just that good. And Logan and Zach? Well, they are characters created by Jeri who are as awesome as she is. I would totally get tongue tied and not know what to say and completely make a fool out of myself,  but that is beside the point.

What literary location would you most like to visit? Why?
The Newberry library in Chicago. If you have read The Time Traveler's wife then you know why. If you haven't, I highly recommend that you do. It has become a very romantic setting for me, thanks to that book and well, It's a library!

Have your reading tastes changed since you started blogging? How?
I don't think that is my reading tastes that have changed. Rather my knowledge of books has. Thanks  to bloggers I have found books that I wouldn't have know of otherwise, and I love that. The bookstore is no longer a place where you have a lot of options ( and that is a shame), so the blogging community has been filling that gap for me.


Well, that is all for today. Hope to see you here tomorrow for more Armchair BEA goodness!!!




No comments: